Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's Eugene!!

I have to share my celebrity sighting in Guam! I was shopping at Ross the other day…wait, first let me explain. I NEVER shop at Ross! If you’ve never seen Ross, it is kind of like shopping at a garage sale- there are deals to be found for sure, but you gotta be willing to hunt… elbow to elbow with other shoppers through row after row of disheveled, unorganized clothes. Someone on the HI Drama Board described Ross as looking as if it has been hit by a hurricane. Great description! It is a clothes explosion!

Whenever I attempt to shop at Ross, I glaze over within 5 minutes and bail. Of course, clothes shopping in any store is NOT my thing. I would rather do just about anything…go diving, play on the internet, study Korean, pay bills, etc. I am no fashion queen, and I accept this about myself, but lately I just need some clothes. I am now doing things in the Korean community 7 days a week. Three days a week I tutor English, then stay for Korean class. Two days a week, I take Korean at the Korean church we attend, and on the weekend, the kids do Korean school and we go to church. And, dang, those Korean women are sooo stylish!! All the ladies in the English class I tutor are adorable! They always wear the latest fashions, high-heeled shoes and full make-up. Dressing down still means a t-shirt, jeans, and heels. On Monday, after tutoring English, we all went out for lunch. I had on my usual Old Navy t-shirt, jeans and Sketchers. Blahhh... Not only am I the oldest among the bunch, but I am also the worst dressed. It is starting to get to me. So much for being a free spirited, independent thinking gal… It is time to upgrade the wardrobe (much to my husband’s delight too!).

Anyhow, I fired myself up and managed to find a few things at Ross. When I joined the mass of people waiting in line, I was pretty relaxed, knowing I still had about an hour before needing to meet the school bus. As I got within 3 people of the register, I glanced over at the register next to my line, and immediately noticed the girl unloading all her items to be checked out. OH MY GOSH, that is Eugene!! If you don’t know, Eugene (Yoo Jin) is both a K-pop star and a K-drama star. Just this summer, I watched her drama Save The Last Dance. She was wonderful in the drama! I had been told that she was from Guam, and wow there she was shopping at Ross. I couldn’t help myself. I was completely star-struck. I did look around to see if others would notice her. There were too many Koreans in Ross- both local and tourist- for me to be the only one to notice. Sure enough, a Korean couple near me spotted her. Anyway, Eugene was adorable in person and had no entourage in tow. Just her and her mom getting the latest bargains at Ross and hauling it out to their car like the rest of us (carts can’t leave the store!). Eugene can for sure count me as one of her biggest fans!

To check out her out, see this video from the Save The Last Dance OST:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ootFpMGcU

It is a fun drama and has a great OST! I love Eugene in the ice skating scene where she is wearing the red coat. I think she looks beautiful. Her co-star Ji Sung is pretty dreamy too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home