Tuesday, August 29, 2006

School Has Started!!


Woohoo, it was the first day of school today! For sure, both mom and kids were ready for it to start. It seems like the last few weeks, the fights between brother and sister have been endless! Jack, who is 7, started second grade, and Emma, who will soon be 6, started the first grade. I put them on the bus this morning then drove up to school to make sure that they found their way to their new teachers. I was most concerned about Jack, my little worrier, who very nervous when he got on the bus. However, my worries proved unfounded. By the time I spotted him in the mass chaos of kids, teachers, and parents, he had already hooked up with several of his friends. When I tried to guide him to his new teacher, he said "Mom don’t hold my hand!" Ok, well that is that- my guy is growing up. I briefly waived to my daughter as she was headed to her new class. She had met up with her kindergarten teacher from last year and was thrilled that "Ms. Bamba" was walking her to her new class (though I did find out later that she was very disappointed that Ms. Bamba wasn’t her 1st grade teacher!). As I walked away from the school, I felt a lump building in my throat and fought back tears. Day one of school can be hard on moms too!

Of course, when I got to the gym later that morning, Jay, the regular front counter guy, realized I wasn’t dragging in two kids into "Club Kids" and threw his arms up in the air- "School has started!" he cheered. I reached up and high-fived him. LOL Being a SAHM has it moments!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy School Days! Yep, it was time (for all of us) and yet, the tears were there anyway (for me). Can you believe that our kiddos are in 2nd and 1st grade?! Surreal. Younger son had to deal w/racial teasing on the first day back...he handled it well and seems okay. Loves lunch and specials - ha! Elder son is as happy as a bouncy ball to be back to school. Hugs to all!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks so much for the comments Ann! Hugs to your family too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home