Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Monster Jam!


Coming back to winter after living on an island for the past 5 years presents some practical difficulties- mainly no winter clothes! My mother-in-law greeted us at the airport with winter coats that she bought for the kids, and I dug out my winter coat, which I had saved from my Minnesota days. It was 10 degrees when we arrived in Chicago, and since then, the temperatures have dropped below zero. We’ve also gotten fresh snow!

My kids liked it for a day or two, but now don’t ask to play outside. Despite the cold, my daughter still walks around the house in bare-feet and even takes her shoes off in the car! You can take the girl out of the islands, but not take the island out of the girl I guess! Another new thing for my kids- static electricity! Jack just tells everyone- DON’T TOUCH ME! He is zap-paranoid!

Something fun that we got to do that we don’t get in Guam: MONSTER JAM!! I was thrilled we were able to go. I’ve spent a fortune thru the years on monster truck toys and video rental, but this was the real deal. We got to see Monster Jam plus go to a big-rig truckers show. My son said this was the Best. Day. Ever!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I need to look into tickets for the boys!! Is it really loud??

~Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home