Saturday, July 22, 2006

My First Blog Post


This is my first attempt at trying a blog, so we will see how this goes! Hafa Adai from Guam and Happy Liberation Day! This July 21st marks the 62nd anniversary of the arrival of the US Marines to liberate the island from Japanese occupation during World War II. It is a major holiday for Guam and is celebrated with a large festival, parade, and fireworks. We have lived on Guam for 2.5 years, and this will be the third parade that we have attended. This year, I will be walking in the parade with my 7-year-old son and his Cub Scout pack. He is so nervous…he doesn’t want to get run over by any floats or fire trucks in the parade. I assured him that it will be safe. Tropical Storm Kaemi is finally moving away from us, and hopefully, the weather will be nice. After the parade, the party is at our house. If you are visiting Guam, feel free to stop by!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Roberta Rosenberg said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Julie!

 
At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog through your post on silentregrets. i'd love to hear more about your adoption story. I've only recently learned about Guam (just met a Korean girl who grew up there, I had no idea where it was) can't wait to learn more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home